Tuesday 30 May 2017

What clothing I am taking..


Good evening friends.  Last night we had a wonderful rolling storm.  The flashy forked lightning did take me back to the early 90's when raving was new and hot on the scene.  Ahhhh those were the good old days, when you could dance all night and sleep all day.

Today I started my hospital checklist.  I am stupidly, obsessively organised and like to prepare, so I thought I would share what I am doing, maybe it will give you some idea's or maybe not.  I want my hospital stay to be as comfortable as possible.   First thing I took in to consideration the weather.  I am a hot blooded gal and I get very hot very quickly.  So light weight is a must for me, not forgetting that I will be wearing those man luring sexy surgical stocking numbers.  (I'm sure Keanu would go for them!)  So NO long legged nightwear that gets all wrapped round your legs like an octopus on heat.  I also know that I will need to be comfy around my mid-waist so I want fabric that is going to work with me, and that is jersey cotton.  It's cool light weight and stretches with me when I fidget, and I fidget a lot. Also, I will probably will be getting my tummy out for all and sundry due to checks on the wounds (where they will put the laparoscopic thingys)

2 Nights - at Spires Parkway Solihull

Nightwear

  • 2 x Shortie Pyjama's.  Loose waist, jersey cotton, easy access to mid section for wound checking + cool for adorning sexy surgical stockings
  • 1 x Dressing Gown, lightweight cotton a good cover up for the walk of your life
  • Socks - My feet can become like blocks of ice.
  • Slippers for skipping round the corridors Post Op.
I am dressed for comfy and dignified few days of on and off sleeping and recovering. 

The Basics
  • 2 x Bra's
  • 3 x Knicky noo knack, a spare just in case.
  • Leggings for the journey home 
  • Comfortable top for the journey home
That is all the clothing I am taking.  I am not over packing.  I am trying to be as mini as I can.  You know what happens, you pack everything and then only use a toothbrush.

So I will be back for more packing tips for toiletries, this is my nemesis, I know already I will over pack.  I am not going to be sucked in.   AH HA! NOT I!! No Sirree I am going to be minimal...

See you on the flip side x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one :o)

Have a happy day!
Paula xx