Saturday 23 July 2011

One leg is better than no legs.

First off hello and how are you guys??..  Thank you for reading me it’s always a pleasure.
So as you can remember last weekend I was off to do my sponsored 24 relay for life for cancer research.  Well you know you should pack up when you are trying to get up 3 million marquee’s and 2 tents and start a B-B-Q and a refreshment stall all the while the rain is falling happily from the sky..  Yeah you know that feeling right?.  For me it was all good, the sun didn’t come out but it definitely stopped raining by the time I had to to my support for breast cancer walk ..  Saturday passed and Sunday came. I was up for my last walk at 9am.  I grabbed my BFF Gina and off we went a couple of times round the track and then she snuck off to get me a nobbly bobbly, yes my fave everyone knows it..  Mark (Mr Salter our maths teacher) took over and we skipped probably just one skip and I felt like what only can be explained as if someone had jumped on the back of my leg and then a big twang and the my foot went all wobbly and I think because I was standing on it, was the reason it didn’t fall off.  Anyhooo a few St Johns Ambulance people (which I would like to thank for helping me) 2 hospitals later, I was home with one ruptured Achilles tendon and a plaster cast..  How lovely is that have a look what it is I have done…
 image
Until Thursday I wont know whether its gone all the way through, I have an appointment with the Orthopaedist who is probably going to prod and poke and also examine my leg LOL!!! So I wont know until then.  In the mean time I’ve got to keep totally off it.. Not even stand on it, which is harder than you think. It’s the most painful thing I have ever done, and it cramps a lot which brings tears to my eyes..  Though I am hoping to get a lot done in the craft way..
On a good note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who sponsored me, I myself raised around £160.00 which I still need to collect but I don't think they will mind me being a bit late with it..
It’s a total pain up the bum because I had so much planned for the holidays.  All the free days out and walks and picnic’s and beach time. BOOOOO..  Oh well never mind I can make up for that once I’m back on my feet….
Hope to give you all an update soon…xxxx

2 comments:

  1. I know how hard it is to keep totally off your feet, been there hated it.
    From the sound of it you'll be off your feet for a loooong time! Prepare yourself, don't fight it, you'll adjust to it easier if you just accept it!
    Sending you hugs across the water! **Hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Flutt, you poor girlie! Try not to go crazy resting your foot. Sending a few extra prayers for some quick healing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one :o)

Have a happy day!
Paula xx