Sunday 20 February 2011

The Dreaded Puff

Hello from really dreary Clacton.  I hope the spring is springing here soon. 
 
I've been smoke free for 30 hours and 30 minutes.  This is the longest time I've been smoke free in a long time.  It is about time.  And I don't think I am ratty yet.  But I am feeling picky.  I've been trying to keep busy, to keep my mind off things.  I went to my doctors on friday and see Nurse Debbie.  My Carbon Monoxide levels were at 11mg, a non smoker registers at around 1mg.  So that is horrible.

I must say that I do feel more energetic.  I am hoping that keeps up becasue I am getting sooooo much done.

Anyhoooooo I'm hoping that by talking about my goings on during my withdrawel from nicotene that someone might read this and be inspired to maybe think about giving up the fags.

I decided to give up for many reasons, but I had to make that decision for myself.  I always liked smoking, it was relaxing and before I knew it, had become a habit.  I would get up in the morning have a shower and a fag, go in the car have a fag, have something to eat have a fag, read a book, have a fag, watch t.v have a fag, talk on the phone, have a fag. So basically over the years it had become a habit.  In my decision to give up, the thing that was bugging me the most was the stench.  My breath, my hair, my body, my car, my house, my clothes, all stunk to high heaven of fag smoke.  The next thing what was bugging me was my breathlessness.  I would get out of breath even showering, which for me was getting ridiculous.  I was polluting, my house my family how selfish and unfair is that, making them smoke along with me cos I couldn't be bothered to move.  And for health reasons, I mean how selfish is that to puff away, when my child is pleading with to stop before I die.  So all these major factors made up my mind.  Smoking wasn't enjoyed anymore it was a habit that had snuck up on me.

Yesterday was my first day of the smoke free me and it wasn't really hard.  When I thought about it, I wanted a fag, I managed to get over the urge by doing something to take my mind off the dreaded puff.  Although I wasn't craving.  Today hasn't been too bad at all really.  I've just had my dinner and I never missed that puff.

Symptoms I am having are none that are bothering me as of yet.  My chest is a bit tight and I have a slight head ache and a bit of a sore throat.  Other than that, I'm feeling fine.  The upside is I'm getting more done, becasue I am not having a fag break every 2 minutes.  My breath or should I say my mouth feels loads cleaner.  So all good, all good.

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend x



2 comments:

  1. That is fabulous Paula! Well done!!!! It is really very difficult to give up, but I know that with perseverance and loads of love and support, you WILL manage...and then you can buy loads of yarn instead....
    ;)
    Stay strong ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's a great idea Heidi. Well I worked out I will be saving around £60 per month. That's a lot of money isn't it when you think about it that way.

    Thank you Heidi for your support x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one :o)

Have a happy day!
Paula xx