Friday 17 September 2010

I have gone wrong.......

Ahhh Friday at last.  The sun is shining and I have some great stuffs to show you.  I must warn that this post is a super dooper whopper of a post and really picture intensive. So grab yourself a refreshing beverage and read on.

As you know I joined in the Quilt Along over at fatquarterly.  It's week two and I must say so far I am really enjoying making my quilt.  Yes indeedy I have gone wrong and fixed my little wrongs.  Katy has just made it so easy to follow that even people who have never used a sewing machine could easily follow this.  So here is what I have done so far.



My 80 blocks all ready to piece together.  The piecing was so easy and really quick.



I really am starting to love the colours on the Moda Freebird jelly roll.  These colours are not to my taste usually, but I admit it, they are really growing on me.



Can you see what's wrong here?  Yeah I did sew the larger block back to front.



Don't we all make mistakes?  Or is it just me who does that?  They are unpicked and fixed back on the pile.  LOL I never noticed though until I was pressing them.  Out of 80 blocks 2 fails.  I don't think that is too bad going.


Onto my next project that Mum and I have been fiddling with.  I didn't do as many as I liked to simply because my wrist wont allow me to knit for some reason.  I am ok with crochet now but knitting still hurts like a mo fo!



OOOOO That's nice wall paper..  Anyhooo here is our little innocent hats, going off to help raise money for our elderly.  There are a few more in the envelope, but they were so bright they were screwing with my camera colour.  And you know I can only point and snap pictures.


I bought the new UK based magazine Making yesterday and I was really surprised how great it was. It's fairly priced at £4.99 a month but if you subscribe you can get 12 months for half price.



For a crafter like me who likes to dabble in all crafts it's really good.  I mean it had all crafts in there.  I was really surprised.  Sometimes you pick up a craft mag and think, hang on a sec, I've seen all this.  But it had how to make soap and how to make pickles in there.  Had a bit of fashion revamping.



Things to make for the garden, ooooh all sorts.  It was in a really nice thick paper mag rather than a flimsy whimsy pages.  But the best thing of all I liked about it, was that I wasn't overwhelmed with every other page full of adverts.  Although it does have adverts it wasn't in your face advertising.  Yup I think I will be subscribing to this one..  I might even ask for it for a birthday gift. (which is coming soon).


Now for my most exciting find of the week.  Drum roll please ......



Irresistible gifts to crochet.  Fantastic!!  Finally a crochet mag that actually isn't about knitting lol.  Mum and I both gave it a thumbs up.  It is one of those one off mag's ( you never know the UK might think oh people like to crochet too, let's do a mag.) It was very fairly priced for what was in it. £9.99 and that included postage and packing.  Fabulous darling's, just FAB!!


Here are a few of the content pages.






And you never guess what....  Or should I say, you will never guess who I found lurking in the pages.



Well it was my favourite crochet girl Lucy from Attic24.. Yeah it's troooooooo!!! There she was smack bang in the center of an online ad page.  I was so excited I nearly peed my pants.  I was bouncing all over the place like a loony.  The funny thing was I was that excited to see Lucy in the pages I run off to tell her that she had been featured, but in the wrong mag ha ha ha ha.  Anyhooo to cut a short story shorter, Lucy emailed me and I replied letting her know that I had not seen her in Making but I had seen her in Iressistable Gifts to Crochet..  I hope that it's still a nice surprise for her.


Well what a yarooooooo week for me..  I have been really busy pottering about with my creativeness bubbling away.   That's just how I like it..  I hope it last's forever and ever and ever *bursts into song*


Ok I am off becasue I need to get some laundry done and I want to browse through my new books and have a look for my next project..


Have a fabahhhhhh day x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one :o)

Have a happy day!
Paula xx